Safety & Security Information
Ensuring the safety of our guests is always a top priority. Please be advised that for all Temple Basketball games, as well as most other events, The Liacouras Center security will utilize Walk-Through Metal Detectors (Magnetometers) to search all patrons entering the facility. Customers should keep the following in mind:
- BACKPACKS AND OVERSIZED BAGS ARE NOT PERMITTED INTO THE ARENA.
- Minimize the number of personal items you bring to the venue.
- Allow extra time for arriving to and entering the venue.
- Guests will be asked to remove from their clothing and belongings any items that may trigger the alarm, including cell phones and keys, before they pass through the metal detector (Magnetometer) units.
- Bags will be searched. Please limit your bags to small clutch-sized and/or plastic or clear bags to expedite entry.
- If the Metal Detector (Magnetometer) alarm sounds, you will be subject to a secondary screening which may slow your entry into the venue.
- Backpacks & Oversized Bags
- Weapons (guns, knives, chains, tasers, firearms, bats, clubs, sticks, etc.)
- Self-defense sprays
- Fuels of any kind (inc. lighter fluid)
- Hazardous chemicals
- Razor type blades (including scissors)
- Projectiles of any kind
- Alcohol, illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia
- Drones (UAS Unmanned Aircraft Systems) or other aircraft
- Laser pointers or any items intended to create optical distraction
- Aerosol cans or noisemaking devices (including whistles, foghorns/air horns, plastic airhorns such as vuvuzelas and didgeridoos)
- Hoverboards and skateboards
- Video and audio recording devices
- Concealed packages of any kind (such as a wrapped gift)
- Selfie sticks or telescopic devices
- Pets (other than service animals or service animals in training)
- Attire that conceals identity*
- Large banners, signs and flags
- Outside food and beverage (except baby food and medically necessary items)
- Coolers, hydration packs, bottles, cans or other beverage containers
- Any other items deemed inappropriate by arena personnel
- The Liacouras Center will not check or store any of the above prohibited items nor any other personal item that has been brought to the arena.
*Collapsible and foldable umbrellas with a flat top are permitted into the arena, long classical and straight umbrellas with pointed tips are prohibited.
**Exceptions are made for medical and religious purposes, after proper inspection
Clear Bag Policy
While bags of any kind are not encouraged, the following outlines the bags that are permitted:
- Clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC bags that do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12" -- A logo can be displayed on one side of a permissible clear bag.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" -- approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap
- Medically necessary items and diaper bags (after proper search and inspection)
Video and Audio recording devices are not permitted in The Liacouras Center
- No professional equipment, detachable lenses, or lenses longer than 2.5” are permitted
- GoPros and Contour cameras are not permitted
- Monopods, tripods and selfie sticks are not permitted
- Please note that the camera policy for each event is determined by the event and is subject to change
- Guests are encouraged not to bring strollers into the arena
- Strollers are not permitted in the seating sections of the arena due to potential safety hazards
- Strollers may be checked into our Guest Services office by speaking with a Security Supervisor
- Strollers are permitted in suites